Sunday, February 7, 2010

Random thoughts for a Sunday morning...

  • For once, I am up before my one year old son.
  • Bugaboo has been fighting RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) and a double ear infection for the past week. Again, the only reason we were able to tell there was something wrong, he kept waking up at 4am. The drugs are working for his ear infections but we have to ride it out with the RSV. I think we are through the worst of it.
  • This sounds bad but Bugaboo is the best sick infant I've ever had to deal with. Very rarely has he been fussy and he's still sleeping 12-13 hours each night even with the nasty congestion.
  • I am waiting for both Ryan and I to get what Bugaboo has (as it is very contagious).
  • I love that Bugaboo's flexible with nap times and bedtime.
  • I am to the point I am loving pregnancy again.
  • I have yet to gain a pound since becoming pregnant and yet somehow I LOOK pregnant. I just "popped" last week.
  • I'm four months along as of friday.
  • I've decided that 70 degrees in our house is too warm.
  • Bugaboo LOVES warm (watered down) apple juice.
  • The only problem I've had with this whole RSV is getting him to eat as much as he was before he was sick. He's still drinking like a fish. My worst fear was dehydration.
  • I've never had so many headaches/migraines than I have had in the past week and a half.
  • Bugaboo is down to one nursing (in the mornings). I should probably decide if I want to wean him off that this weekend considering he's back on his sleeping through the 5am nursing.
  • I'm going to miss nursing him. :(
  • I'm excited that we finally went grocery shopping last night considering we haven't been in over 2 weeks.
  • Bugaboo is walking on his own when he wants to which isn't that often.
  • I still haven't posted pictures of Bugaboo's birthday <- bad mama.
  • Bugaboo is very anti-socks lately which coincidentally falls in line with the cold front we are getting.
  • I really want an egg burrito right now...
  • Not looking forward to the next two weeks at work as we have 2 audits going on and of course my name is all over BOTH of them.
  • I really want Firehouse for lunch today and I have no excuse for going there because of said grocery shopping last night.
  • Experienced poop in the bathtub for the first time last night. Was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  • I'm going to end this post as my son has decided to bless me with his presence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post so much.

andyandnaomi said...

Pooooor Charley and his rsv!!! But I am glad he isn't fussy, and i am glad that you guys caught his ear infections since he gave you no signs! As for you, Miss Shauna, I can't believe you haven't gained a lb! I know you were massively sick, but I also think you are having a girl!!! Hope you are an auntie tomorrow!!!