Sunday, December 30, 2012

Our first Christmas Tree of 2012

This story is slightly traumatizing...for me. The last thing you want to find at 6am is a billion baby spiders invading your living room. That's what I found on a Friday morning. I was getting my shoes on for work. I saw like a black cloud looking thing that extended from the tree to our living room drapes. This was also the first night that Ryan had forgotten to lower the heat before coming to bed. So it was springtime weather in our living room!! Which marked baby spider births! Yay for nature! Boo for nature in my living room. So I grabbed the Raid and coated everything in sight and then...I left for work. I contemplated waking hubby up to have him help me but decided to be nice. Plus, that's not how I would like to be woken up. Who would?

Hey! We have a billion baby spider carcasses in our living room aaaaannnnndddd I am leaving for work. Have a nice day.

So I broke the news to him when called at his usual morning time. Baby spiders were everywhere. There was this curtain of web with dead baby spiders hanging in it going from the tree to the drapes. It was creepy.

It took us three days to get enough nerve up to strip the tree, drapes, and vacuum everything. I felt so much better after the tree was out of our house. We then ran to Lowe's to see if there were any trees left. They had a couple little ones and we found one and got it for like 10 bucks. Score!

No comments: