Sunday, February 5, 2012

Myles Fletcher Nichols

He was born February 1, 2012 at 7:26am weighing 7 lbs even and 20 inches long. We were at the hospital at 5am. Way too incredibly early. I was rolled back for my spinal block at 7am where I was stuck a hundred and ten times whilst the anesthesiologist tried to find the right placement. We proceeded into the OR where I again felt "stuff" and was promptly put out. Seriously, I have the most uneventful pregnancies and then comes birth. Next time, let's skip all the traumatic parts and just knock me out...if there is a next time. Apparently, I am hypersensitive and I have a slightly rotated spine. Regardless, our doctor allowed Ryan to stay in the OR while they grabbed Myles (who had yet to be named). Myles was named the following day. He is a great nurser. Latched perfectly on the first attempt. He is definitely awake at night...way more so than the previously two children were. Charley wants to hold him all the time and pats him on the head all the time. Izyk has no clue. As I have children, they are getting heavier, darker, and more hairier...lol! He had an appointment on Monday and has gained 5 oz back. He left the hospital at 6lbs 9oz and was 6lbs 14oz on Monday. He's slightly jaundiced as Izyk was when we brought him home but he will pass it soon.











Newish arrangement for the boys. They still share a room except we put Izyk down first. He falls asleep within 30 minutes and Charley follows him. Our only challenge is keeping Charley from messing with him. It has been a successful 3 nights and I think it has been working fabulously. Two weeks ago both boys had their check ups. Izyk had his 18 month and Charley had his 3 year. They are both in the 50th percentile and within pounds and inches of each other. They both caught something and I was hoping they would kick it before the birth but they are both still snotty and coughing a bit. I should have known better because they ALWAYS catch something when they have a pediatrician appointments.




We are trying to get used to each other and into a new rhythm with the added family member. I am so in love with this little dude. I'm always so surprised at how little newborns are. I look at Izyk and he looks huge to me!

3 comments:

The Locklins said...

We are so happy to hear everyone is doing well. Myles is such an adorable new addition. I'm sure you'll be in the swing of things soon. I'm still amazed how parents do it with two, let alone three. You are a rockstar already. Congratulations!

andyandnaomi said...

OMG Shauna! You guys make cute babies!! I am so sorry that you had to get knocked out again. At least all is well! Myles is adorable and I wish you guys all the best!

JulieLynn said...

I love getting all caught up on the birth of Myles. I still "prefer" blogs anyday, over Facebook! So happy all is well. I sure love and miss you my Shauna!