Saturday, February 5, 2011

Progress


Charley has been doing really well using the potty. He runs around naked all day and doesn't have any accidents. He goes when he needs to go and tells us when he's done. Now we need to work on wearing underwear. He put himself in underwear one day and I think he was trying to tell us he needed help. Anyway, he urinated in his pants. He was NOT happy. I'm trying not to push him too hard because I know when they're ready, they're ready. We are getting close. Charley can unlock and open the front door. One day, Ryan and I were downstairs and I stopped hearing him. I ran up to the play room, couldn't find him, opened the front door...there he was, standing in the middle of the yard for the world to see, with nothing but a shirt on. It was 26 degrees outside and he fussed about having to come back inside. He climbs everything from changing tables to our kitchen island. After a messy meal, he picks up after himself. He loves, loves, loves trucks. I pretty sure we are nearing 50 or so cars and trucks in this house.


We started Izyk on a little cereal this past week and have realized he is not quite ready which is okay by me. So we are going to hold off for another couple of weeks. He's rolling all over the place and gnawing on anything he can get into his mouth. His two bottom teeth are breaking through. Charley plays so well with Izyk. Izyk just laughs at Charley when Charley gets all up in his face. It's fun watching these two interact. Ryan tells me, in the morning he'll open both boys' doors and Charley will run into Izyk's room, say "Hi Izyk!" and hold Izyk's hand through the crib. Funny boy.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Not sure if this is up your alley or not, but we are LOVING what's called "baby led weaning" (and I think it's lame that we have to come up with names for things that are ancient practices because we've strayed so far from them). Basically, we plunk large chunks of fruits, veggies, and meat on Landon's tray and let him feed himself. It's way more fun than spoon feeding and Landon clearly prefers it.

The main ideas are that they will learn to chew first, then swallow; they will not have their ability to self-feed (which they are born with) interrupted by 6 months to a year of spoon feeding by mom and dad; breastmilk is giving them all the nutrients and calories they need through the first year; and food is for experimenting with color, texture, taste, and smell.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Led-Weaning-Essential-Introducing-Foods-/dp/161519021X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297185066&sr=8-1

Read what you can of the "look inside" feature if you're interested or e-mail me and I'll tell you the things I think are most interesting about this idea and the things I've seen with Landon that tell me that this is a way better method for us.

Sorry for the novel!