Thursday, August 5, 2010

Adjusting

Izyk = 3 weeks, Charley = 18 months (almost 19 months)...I've been spoiled the last 3 weeks with always having someone here and keeping Charley busy. Come Saturday, I'll be on my own for a whole 5 hours. HA. It's only 2 children, although being outnumbered is still slightly intimidating. My main concern is when I'm nursing Izyk. Charley is into everything and we can't get him to sit through a movie. He'll watch Veggie Tales for 5 minutes before he's off finding something else to do. I've resolved myself to 1) locking ourselves in Charley's room or 2) gating ourselves in the living room with his toys.

ANYWAYS, we have/had 4 days to ourselves before the next round of family comes out to visit. We are very excited to see more family. Charley will get to see more people he is related to!

Izyk is doing a lot of sleeping still and he is a very good eater. He is getting big fast. He is out of newborn clothes already.

*sigh*

He loves being warm and being outside. He has a little bit of reflux but it doesn't bother him. He has a problem with gas and it usually shows itself at night before bedtime. We're hoping he grows out of that really soon but have found gripe water to be a bit helpful in that. He smiles a lot in his sleep along with twitching and snoring. He makes a whole lot of noise when he is awake, asleep, and nursing. Lots of grunting and sighs. It's actually kind of entertaining.

Charley is interested in him when he's around (always wants to give him kisses) but indifferent besides that. Charley does not like it when Izyk is crying. When Izyk cries, so does Charley. Haha! And I have never seen so many diapers in all my life. For the most part we are back in cloth diapers for Charley but my goodness...for those couple of weeks...whoa.

Ryan is building Charley's "big boy" bed. Both grandpas have helped/are helping build it. In 2 weeks or so, Charley will be in a bed and Izyk will be in his crib. Here's hoping for a smooth transition. I'll have pictures when the bed is complete. :)

My parents and my sister left on Tuesday. Sad day. All the pictures from that visit are with my mom. As soon as I get those pictures, I'll get those posted. But for now, here are some pictures from the past couple of days.







No comments: