Sunday, January 2, 2011

Month of December

December went by awfully quick. We flew to California (Christmas gift - Thank you to my favorite Dad-in-law!) with my two little cherubs. The flight TO Cali went superbly. They both fell asleep on the last 3 hour flight from Houston to Ontario. Charley had a bit of trouble falling asleep but when he did, it was bliss. Izyk fell asleep at the same time. We had great fun in Cali. We left the mountain TWICE. It was nice not to have to leave. There was lots of rain and some snow. Roads were closed due to mudslides and roadways being eroded away. The last night there Charley got to put on his snowsuit and boots. He went sledding with Uncle B, Uncle Scott, Aunt Molly, and Aunt Sarah. Tried some hot chocolate. He wasn't a huge fan but that's okay. Charley got to meet a whole lot of cousins, aunts, and uncles...great aunts, great grandpas, great uncles. Izyk did too. Izyk and Ryan got sick the second day we were in Cali. Izyk developed a double ear infection. He finally finished off his medicine yesterday. Both slept well at both grandparents' place.Charley talks in his sleep A LOT. All those times I thought he woke up and talked to himself were actually him talking in his sleep. He's a big twitcher too. We are back to square one with potty training. We decided it'd be in our best interest to just stick to diapers on this trip. Mama failure - I took like 2 pictures. My battery kept dying and I kept forgetting my camera. So the few that I have are posted below. I will have to get some from my mom and Pam. Traveling with two infants is actually harder than I thought it was going to be. We didn't bring strollers, we wore both kids. That made it easy. The flight back to Huntsville was very STRESSFUL. We have decided that flying after the first nap is the best way to go. Charley fussed the entire trip and he refused to sleep. It was AMAZING. He was so exhausted when we landed as were his parents. The two days following the return to Huntsville, we all slept in until 11am and that's with a normal bedtime. EXHAUSTED. Anyways, see the ONLY pictures I got on this 2 week trip. :) (And I just noticed that the majority of the pictures was when we visited the fire station...haha! Oh well...more to come...eventually.)






No comments: