Thursday, October 21, 2010

So...

It has been awhile. Lots of random little things going on but nothing too exciting. I've had pinkeye three times in a row. I caught it when Izyk and I were at the hospital getting his chest x-ray. Surprisingly enough, no one else in this household has gotten it...*knock on wood*...let's hope it continues that way. There's way too much going on at work right now. I'm slightly (kind of a lot) stressed out and overwhelmed. My milk stash is impressively huge which is a very good thing considering I'm having to travel next week <- one source of stress of which I shall complain about later in this post. We went to Tate's Farm and had a grand time. Charley could've stayed in the corn pools ALL DAY and would've been fine. He didn't care too much for the petting zoo. Like I said...he LOVED the corn pools. All of 5 of them. I will post pictures soon. We bought a 75lb pumpkin.

Why?

Because we can.

It is now sitting out in the corner of our lot with 2 smaller gourds of similar color. Izyk is sleeping 9 hours at night. It's a beautiful thing. Although, he totally knows when it's bedtime because he starts pouting and fussing as we are singing the bedtime song. Charley and him are still doing great together. My house is in total disarray. I apologize to everyone who comes over and has to experience said mess. I made an awesomely delicious caramel apple pie this past weekend using apples from Isom's. Nothing like baking a pie using local produce. I'm thinking I may try making fried pies using the rest of the apples. I have tomorrow and monday off from work. I can't decide if I'm going to relax or freak out and use the time to clean my house. I was involved in an accident. The Nissan now has a dinner plate sized dent in the driver side rear bumper. So much for selling the car. I'm trying to decide if I want a new phone or if I'm going to take Ryan's Droid (and Ryan gets the new phone). I've been helping Ryan a lot lately with this last Research and Statistics class. I despise Statistics. Not my favorite subject but it's nice to know I remember confidence intervals that I learned 8 years ago.

Back to the business trip next week...not looking forward to it. Whilst I've figured out the logistics of pumping during the supplier visit, I have yet to figure out how/where I'm going to pump mid-flight and at airports. I'm EXTREMELY nervous about it as I've never PUMPED in PUBLIC.

The thought of it STRESSES the SNOT out of me.

I've thought about waiting to pump until I get to the hotel room but 6-7 hours is way too long and I'll be engorged before then. I've heard horror stories of the TSA holding up mothers bringing their pumps as carry-ons thinking they were bombs. Really? A pump looks like a bomb??? And do I LOOK like a threat?? I will be gone for pretty much 2 days which really isn't that long but it is. :) I've had to request a freezer/fridge and a microwave for my hotel room. I have to figure out how I'm going to bring the milk back with me. I'll probably buy a bunch of gel packs and a cooler and pray it all makes it back to Huntsville. Hate hate hate hate hate hate having to do this...I can't think of a more precise word...just hate. Talk about an emotional wreck. It's pathetic. One moment I think it's all good and I can handle it...the next moment I'm having a psychotic emotional breakdown in which my husband has no way of consoling me. I'm a walking friggin' disaster.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I have...time...which means I won't get to it for another week. But does anyone really care? Probably not but it sure is fun to pretend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sweet friend. I am so sorry. I would be a basket-case if I had to try to figure out a way to pump on a trip. Sucky. And everything else on top of it--but I do care, and I'm praying for you and loving you from afar. :)

andyandnaomi said...

Wow Shauna... you have a busy life!! About the pumping thing.... I found that if I ask, people will do their best to find you a private place to pump. I didn't have to go to the airport however, but maybe your flight won't be crowded and you can go to an empty row and hand pump. Try not to stress too much! Your kids are so cute, and you are doing such a great job!!

Morgan said...

Uh, yeah! Duh! OF COURSE I care and would LOVE to see pictures! Sorry life is throwing lemons at you. Not nice! But I'm with you on the disaster of a house thing. It's bad around here. My poor family. I don't envy you the pumping fiasco. I hope it all works out okay. And why does Izyk have chest x-rays and GI stuff going on?

The Locklins said...

Wishing you the best on your trip. You will do fine. Good thinking on ordering the freezer for your room. I'll have to remember that for future trips. The boys are so cute.