Saturday, July 3, 2010

Coincidence?

So last night as Charley was running around naked, he started making his sound for urinating. He went over to his potty and started to put one foot in. Now, I thought he was just wanting to mess with the potty. So I kind of ushered him into his room so we could start getting him dressed and ready for bed. He started urinating on the floor. I actually got excited. I wasn't sure if he was recognizing the fact he had to go potty or if it was coincidence. Regardless, it's a good start in my mind. Everyone keeps telling me boys are hard to potty train and that's been a little discouraging. I'm not stressing about it and we are just doing what we can with what little time we do have to work on potty training. With this little one due in the next couple of weeks, I have other priorities...which at this moment, seems to be everything.

Charley head planted the other day onto the asphalt. It was an awkward fall. One of those where he forgot he had arms. He was dragging around a stick and there was this little uneven area...maybe an inch lower. I don't know what he was trying to do but head met asphalt. Poor kiddo. Doesn't look too bad in pictures though and as of today it's almost completely healed. Nothing a bite of homemade cookies & cream ice cream couldn't fix. :) The day before he was pushing his little rocket around and fell twice in a row on his knees. Didn't cry, but for once it drew some blood.

And me at 37 weeks. I feel like I look big but then again the child has nowhere to go but out. And lately there have been plenty of times I forget I have the belly and knock over things on tables and counters. As requested, a side by side from my first pregnancy and this one. The one on the right is from December 2008 (Charley man) and on the left is today, July 2010. Side note, as of last week I was a centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. Further than I was at this point with Charley. So...maybe earlier!?!

*crosses fingers*

I'm ready to be on maternity leave! Hahaha! AND to know if it's a girl or a boy!!

No comments: