Monday, January 5, 2009

The home stretch...

So I've finally gotten to the point where I'm noticeably swollen...at least in my feet...or FOOT rather. It's the same foot that I'm having arch issues with. Go figure. At least I can wear flip flops to work! :) Actually I don't know if I can, I just do. I'm pretty much 2cm dilated and am just floating through this. We keep talking about inducing. I am trying to avoid being induced. I hear it's more painful and I'm avoiding an epidural. The whole tube in my spine thing...not so much. But apparently I'm looking like I'm going to pop. Everyone keeps saying so. I had a doctor's appointment Monday morning and I got a text asking if I was at the hospital having a baby. And when I got to work, I got the "I thought you were having a baby..." It's starting to get old hearing the same things..."When are you going to have that baby...", " You're still prego???", etc...Fun times. I have an appointment Monday morning again and we'll see if I've progressed any. It'd be nice to be further dilated...even effaced so I know that my body is preparing. I haven't had any contractions, at least none that are noticeable. 

We FINALLY got the crib in. The baby's room is almost done. Missing one shelf and the decals. Yay! Once I get the linens on the crib, I'll post a picture of it! Until then, these pictures will have to do... :)



2 comments:

JulieLynn said...

Well isn't this exciting?! The room is adorable, and Kent pointed out the Mickey Mouse picture frame right away! He loves Mickey:) I like the colors you used for the little guy's room. Looking forward to seeing more!

Josh & Jen said...

Shauna, hang in there the waiting game of the homestretch can really test your patience. We'll be praying for the waiting and the delivery. If you want to chat about no epidural send me an email, jtsunny_24@yahoo.com