Wednesday, July 23, 2008

POISON IVY SUCKS!!!

Hello all,  this is Ryan and this is my first blog on here that I wrote completely.  I have helped Shauna with a couple of the previous ones but didn't finish them.  So I would like to tell you a story that happened a long time ago before I tell you the current story.  

Back when I was a teenager I was visiting family up in Oregon.  I decided that I was going to learn how to ride my cousins motorcycle, granted I had never really been all that interested before.  Upon going back and forth, up and down the street, I was on my way back to the house and was approaching the last turn before I headed down the driveway to park it, and be done for the next umpteen years, I... for some reason... decided to accelerate right after I downshifted.  As you can probably guess right now the rest is going to be funny for you, not so funny for me.  So basically what happened at this point was, picture if you must, me on a motorcycle, going straight instead of turning, busting through a fence, crashing into a tree and scratching the heck out of my arm, and then to top it all off... fell over into a patch of POISON OAK.  Go ahead... laugh it up!  So after the crash I had such a bad reaction to the poison oak that my forearm was rock solid.  Mind you not because I am built like a Superhero, but because my arm was so swollen and full of puss you could knock on my arm and it sounded like knocking on wood.  So after a few emergency visits to the hospital and a month or so later, the doctor tells me I shouldn't worry about poison oak anymore and that I am now immune to it.

So on to the current situation...  Was weed wacking some ivy in order to remove it from a wall next to our house and apparently we have frickin POISON IVY mixed in with the non stinging, non painful, regular ivy.  A few days later, low and behold I have spots all over my arms and on the back of my neck where all the shredded ivy had landed from the weed wacker.  I am now in a lot of pain, just like the poison oak from oregon.  Only this time the pain is worse.  I now have craters on my arms and neck that keep oozing puss and spreading even more all over my skin.  This sucks!!!  A person should only have to go through something like this once in there lives.  I am now on my second.  It has gotten to the point now that I can't even go to work because I can't use my arms.  Try lifting 30 ceiling fans using nothing but your hand strength and what little back muscle you have left.  So after attempting to work for a couple days like this and a really bad kink in the back later, I have had to call in.  This sucks because I just got written up for being late to work when dealing with the rodent problem Shauna wrote about already.  My work blows.  They have no consideration for anything or anyone.  Anyhoo...  poison ivy sucks and I wanted to make sure you all know.  I will post some pictures later of my sores for the not so week stomached people.

1 comment:

Repent Industries by Nikkisic said...

Bummer!! The one and only time I've had poison oak was when I was pregnant. It was horrible!!