Monday, July 7, 2008

Cockroaches and bunny droppings...oh my...

First off, I want to say that Maya is strange. We have rabbits. The come from our neighbor's property (the one that owns the 10 acres behind us). We get about 3 or 4 of them a night in our yard. No big deal. We were out back working on her training. We had treats in our hand but she kept running down to the back of the property. Her nose is straight into the ground and she is viciously eating, at first what looked like grass. Pulled her away and it's rabbit droppings. We couldn't get her to stop eating the stuff. Blah. That and not to mention the dead baby opossum.

SO, my main reason for this posting is to describe the events that occurred 3 hours ago. I (Shauna)  am currently home sick from work today. Ryan and I were sitting on the couch watching "Be Kind, Rewind" (I was not impressed). A cockroach runs and sits on the arm of the couch. Ryan just about flips. I tell him to hurry up and knock it OFF the couch. He grabs a stinking water bottle and it runs between the couch cushions. We tear the couch apart looking for it before we decide to just sit down and finish the movie. Not more than 20 minutes later, I hear Ryan scream in a very high pitch tone. Ryan kicks his feet off the coffee table and I see a cockroach do a 360 in midair. He's grabbing his feet. I am laughing...half hysterically. Again, we rip the couch apart for the second time in a half hour. We search high and low for this bug. Finally it crawls out under the fooseball table. Ryan sprays it to death, literally. I spend the entire day reminiscing of this memory. Heh. It's a great day.

No comments: