Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I know, I know, I know...

the greater of the female population experiences morning sickness. I am not special. I know this. But I find myself frustrated and worn out. My first inkling that I was pregnant, was I was feeling sick. Just ill. Figured I should take a test, just to see. Came out positive. Well, at least I know why I feel so yucky. With Charley, I started getting the morning sickness at 8 weeks. Thought that it's probably the same with this one so I had to be at least 8 weeks. Made my appointment, had my ultrasound. Went a little like this...

"Oh, you are not even 6 weeks along."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah, showing just over 5 weeks."

"I've been puking for 2 weeks...."

"Well, you are still very early."


Much to my dismay, I've had morning sickness since the day I CONCEIVED. I mean, seriously? With Charley, I was done with the sickness at 14 weeks. I'm scared with this one. What makes it worse is that I'm limited to what I can take because I'm still breastfeeding. I lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and really, I can't afford to be losing weight. I'll fall below the 100 mark if I lose anymore. This is all while taking Zofran. To top it all off, I only got a 9 day supply because I needed a prior authorization from my insurance which after 3 weeks I still hadn't gotten. I had one pill left and I was going to save it for when I absolutely needed it. I spent 3 days vomiting everything I ate until FINALLY, my doctor must've appealed the rejection because the PA was approved. I downed the last pill just so I could make it out of the house to get my prescription. MISERABLE. I was originally complaining about Zofran not really working. It took away some vomiting but I was still nauseous. But after 3 days of not having it at all...never again will I complain. I feel like a wuss, not being able to take this morning sickness. It really is thrilling at 5am while nursing my son in one arm and puking in a bowl in the other arm. I'll be very, very, very happy if this morning sickness ends...at all. I'd like to eat real food, other than rice, crackers, and toast. Ok, I am now finished complaining about my morning sickness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

woman, complain your heart out. that sucks.

Courtney said...

Guess what I've heard... Unisom! It apparently is used to curb "morning" or all day sickness. A friend of mine is currently taking it. At least half a pill. Just a thought...